Meet Cindy Nemser - art critic, theatre critic, novelist, humorist, journalist, and ardent feminist.

About Me

Email

Facebook

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

3:08 PM Posted by Unknown 6 comments
From Robert  Zakanitch --

I am happy to get in touch with you as I recently was sent your book on Ben Cunningham. I want to thank you so much for writing it. You indeed writ for the underdog! It brought back vividly my years in art school studying with Ben and Hans Beckman --a good friend of his. I was very taken by the book. It filled in so many gaps and stated so clearly his many years of undeserved obscurity even after his showing at MOMA with the OP-ART exhibitions (never did see a one man show of his there). He was so much more than all that simple tricky work. I remember after studying with him for all that time upon seeing Albers work and thinking it was comparatively so thin and ABC in concept. Been was involved with the soul of color not its surface (altering its state of being) and what it can do on a very deep level. The intensity was beyond magic.

I was also happy to read that he finally did receive some recognition even tho it was relational to OP.

Ben was the greatest colorist I've every come across in my lifetime. He gave me new eyes and ears.

Again I can't thank you enough for creating (writing) such an important beautiful book to put into the world.

 rt

6 comments:

  1. I accidentally read this and it really made me think. I will have to work hard to make my website useful and more popular. Everyone please refer to offline !!! thank you very much
    autoketing
    Create Discount master
    Product discount app

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a soft spot for your posts. I have been waiting for them every week. To me, they are so useful and interesting. Thank you for posting them. I apply the advice in real life. They help me very much. Hope you can write more articles.
    y8 games
    friv3play games
    friv5 games

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your sharing articles. I have been finding interesting posts and your articles are what I need. They are really useful and engaging. They are precious pieces of advice. I can branch out with new knowledge. Learn captivating things. Hope you will upload more me
    adam and eve golf games for girls
    pool 8 ball games to play
    offroader v6 unblocked games

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well!
    friv Games
    jogo io
    2player games

    ReplyDelete
  5. miniclip car games,
    a10 free,
    Jogos 2019

    I learn some new stuff from it too, thanks for sharing your information.More new Update and I Already Read your Recent Post its Great Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the post.. parents are worlds best person in each lives of individual..they need or must succeed to sustain needs of the family


    googy games online
    friv online Games for kids
    y8 2 player games

    ReplyDelete